Thursday, April 19, 2012

What is Man?


Darkness envelopes me as a warm blanket. 

Silence.

My head on my pillow. Pondering...It’s late, but I can’t help but take a few moments gazing out my beloved skylights into the star studded heavens...my favorite talky time with my God. 





It never ceases to amaze me at my littleness when I study the stars...or at the greatness of my God, may I add. 

“The majesty and Glory of Your name...transcends the earth and fills the heavens...”The words of a song come flashing into my mind...it’s been running through my head all day thanks to a friend, but now it comes again...emphasized.

"When I gaze into the night sky, and see the work of you fingers.
The moon and the stars suspended in space. 
Oh, what is man?" 

Stop...

What is man? 

Just a tiny speck in this immense universe. On a world that has rejected its creator. Far from the image he was created in. 

Yet... 

So valued that the Creator would leave his majesty and glory, yea all of heaven to restore the image. 


I lie in awesome wonder... 

I no longer see the stars...my eyes are too clouded with tears. 

My heart cries out to my maker... 

“Oh one who made the stars...restore the image...in me”

No comments:

Post a Comment