Sunday, November 11, 2012

Prison Doors

It's not unusual:

Eyebrows raised, puzzled expressions...and inevitably the question comes...

"Why do you have an open prison door, and chains for your lock screen and background?"



I smile...

"Because my friend, they have become my all consuming passion of late..."

"Prison doors and chains, you've got to be kidding!!"

-------------------------------------------

It's true...

But the chains which consume my thoughts are not hard and metal as you may expect, but they are just as real...


The prisoners in the cell are not really behind iron bars, but they are as hopeless as if they were locked behind them...

So why have these become may passion? Because my prince...the one who alone can break chains and open doors has bidden me to help Him...
Though I'm completely and utterly unworthy of such a trust, I except the call because I once was one of the chained ones...I understand the misery and pain of chains...

I used to have gaping wounds where the chains had cut into my wrist...but now I only have scars...and they are my trophies...a reminder of how merciful my Prince is.

So my friends, you too may be free...if you know not how to begin or where to start, let me take your hand...I once was in your shoes...and I will take you to the chain smasher...the one who can make you free. And when He makes you free...you are free indeed!



To all who are tortured and ravaged by sin,
The frail and the wounded about to give in.
There's news of release and captivity's end.
We've been set free, come and see!
Oh sleeper awake, come out of the night,
Throw open the door and step into the light,
For sin is undone and the wrong is made light.
We've been set free, come and see!

Come and see, the power of sin has been broken!
The gates of your prisons stand open, come and see!
Arise, believe, for the power at work both to rescue and save,
Is the power that raised Jesus Christ from the grave.
We've been set free, come and see!

I, too, lived in slavery, unmercifully bound.
Battered and broken I finally knelt down,
And there in obedience freedom was found, I've been set free!
And now through the dungeons of darkness and night,
I run in the freedom of liberty's light
And shout to the captives, "Oh prisoner take flight!
We've been set free, come and see!"

If the enemy's holding a knife to your chest,
Demanding you give up or die.
In Christ crucified you've already died
And now you are free!

Come and see, the power of sin has been broken!
The gates of your prisons stand open, come and see!
Arise, believe, for the power at work both to rescue and save,
Is the power that raised Jesus Christ from the grave.
We've been set free, come and see!


2 comments:

  1. Yay! A blog post from my Gaily! <3

    I am with you too… chains have taken on a deeper significance, because I too have been learning what it is to be freed from their painful grasp. And open prison doors? Well… :) I smile just to think of them…

    ReplyDelete